Friday, April 3, 2015

B.Y.O.P.* PROJECT #3:

Hello there! Back today with a gift card holder that will be perfect for upcoming wedding season. I started with a Sahara Sand base~11 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored at 3 1/2" & 9". I made a pocket with the bottom half by adding a thin line of Liquid Tombow on both sides. I took a piece of the lovely Something Borrowed DSP and wrapped a piece of Blushing Bride Striped Ribbon around it and securing with Sticky Strip on each end.

I then took a strip of Whisper White Cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot using one of the Delicate Designs Embossing Folders and Large Scallop Edgelits. You'll want to do the cutting first, then the embossing so you don't smash it going through the second time. Next I used the Gift Bow Die to make the lovely bow in Sahara Sand Cardstock. I assembled it and adhered it to the scalloped piece using Liquid Tombow.

For the insert, I took a piece of 4 1/4" x 3 1/2" Whisper White Cardstock and scored it at 1/2". I stamped the sentiment with Sahara Sand ink, making sure to get proper placement with the gift card. I then added a piece of Sticky Strip to the back of the 1/2" section and adhered to the top flap.

I slid the bottom of the insert into the pocket, and when you lift up the flap, the gift card and sentiment are revealed.

Finally, I added a tag using Sahara Sand ink. I wiped off the hearts and colored with a Blushing Bride Marker and stamped onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I used the Decorative Label Punch and attached it to the bow using Blushing Bride Baker's Twine. I didn't even bother with trying to fit this into an envelope. You could just address the couples' names on the back and drop in the card box. Make sure to stop back tomorrow for details on an adorable baby gift card holder. I'm so excited...2 weeks from today we leave for Florida!!! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

2 comments: