Friday, May 2, 2014

PEOPLE LIKE YOU CARD:

Hello there! Here's one of the cards we made at Card Night last night using the set People Like You. I have to confess I didn't really like it when I first saw it, but I thought it would be a perfect sentiment for our Card Ministry. And after I used it for this card, I do kind of like it now:) I started with a Pool Party base, stamped the image in Whisper White Craft ink and heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I added a layer of Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum on top by adding Glue Dots to the underside of the gold dots.

I added a strip of Very Vanilla Cardstock that I punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch and tucked it under the vellum. I stamped the sentiment again, this time in Pool Party and cut the frame out using the Paper Snips. I layered a Gold Foil Sheet underneath using the Decorative Label Punch. Next, I took a bunch of Gold Baker's Twine, wrapped it around my hand a few times and stuck it in place with Sticky Strip. I then added the frame on top of the twine using Dimensionals. I finished it off with a Very Vintage Button and ran a strip of Gold Sequin Trim along the top with Glue Dots.

I ended up being really pleased with this card and I'm sure our church will put these to good use:) Make sure to swing back by tomorrow for another card fom last night. Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with the vellum and all the gold accents. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete