Monday, April 28, 2014

HELLO, LOVELY CARD:

Hello there! I have a quickie post for you today, as I'm getting ready to head to Des Moines and get my hands on the brand new catalog! Can't wait:) And I'm super excited to be able to get away with my hubby for a couple of days:0 Hello, Lovely is another retiring set that I didn't use near enough. I took the sketch for this card from the catalog but changed up the colors. I started with a Basic Grey Core'dinations base, and layered a piece of Crumb Cake Core'dinations on top. I used the Big Shot and Alphabet Press Embossing Folder, and the Sanding System to distress it. I'm really going to miss the Core'dinations Cardstock~it's so much fun to transform it to reveal the awesome texture. Wah, wah, wah:(

I added a strip of Epic Day DSP on top of the Crumb Cake and sort of stitched it in place~I managed to jam up my sewing machine again>: I guess I need to use it more than once every 3 months. I punched a label with the Artisan Label Punch and adhered it with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Basic Grey, cut it out and attached with Dimensionals also. Finally, I poked a couple of small holes in the DSP and put a Vintage Trinket safety pin through it and hung a piece of 7/16" Trim on it.

I guess that really wasn't a quickie. Here's the retiring items:
Hello, Lovely stamp set
Epic Day DSP
Core'dinations cardstock:(
Vintage Trinkets
7/16" Trim-not really sure; no time to look:)
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll fill you in on everything tomorrow:)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card Laura!!! It was great to meet you last night at the catalog reveal!! Thank you for chatting with me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Brenda! I recognize your avatar:) It was great meeting you too! I hope we see each other at another event:)

    ReplyDelete