Monday, February 10, 2014

BLUE RIBBON ST. PATTY'S CARD:

Hello there! This morning I have a St. Patrick's Day card to share with you. I usually have a few customers wanting to make something for the big day. It was a challenge this year as there wasn't much in any of the catalogs, so I had to get creative:) I used the set Blue Ribbon and the always fun Rotary Stamp~This & That. I started with a Green Gumball base and added a layer of the same Core'dinations that I ran through the Big Shot with the SAB Decorative Dots Embossing Folder~another option that you can get for FREE! It reminded me of green beer bubbles so I thought it was appropriate:)

Next, I added a strip of Epic Day DSP and flagged the bottom. I stamped the banner image in Gumball Green onto Very Vanilla cardstock and punched it out with the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch. I punched out the center circle in Gumball Green Core'dinations and used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. The sweet little shamrock was made with the Small Heart Punch and I added a Dahlia to the center with a Glue Dot. I stamped the banner image again, cut out the tails image and attached it to the back with Dimensionals. Actually, I redid it onto the green Core'dinations and liked it much better.

I added some Pear Pizzazz Chevron and Wild Wasabi Stitched Ribbon and beefed up all the layers with Dimensionals. For a little fun, I attached a safety pin from the Vintage Trinkets, so that you could remove it and wear it if needed or share it with a greenless friend:) I used A Fitting Occasion for the envelope which was fitting:) I have some fun little SPD favors and a treat bag to share with you tomorrow, along with the last card from Card Night. Time to get busy again:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments: