Sunday, November 10, 2013

BOWLING CARD:

Hello there! Change of plans...We're not ready to go yet with this month's Paper Crafters Sampler, so I'll share a card with you instead. A good customer friend of mine had surgery on her arm and asked me to make a card for her. She needed a 75th birthday card for a guy who likes to bowl, so this is what I came up with. I started with a Real Red base and added a layer of Naturals Composition DSP on top. I made the bowling ball with Basic Black Cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Circles Collection Framelits. I used the 1/2" Circle Punch to punch out the finger holes. I cut out a second circle and adhered the two together using Dimensionals.


I trimmed a bit off the bottom of the ball and added a banner in Crushed Curry with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black using Bring On The Cake. I made a mini bowling pin by using the retired Jewelry Tag Punch on Whisper White Cardstock and trimmed it down a bit. I cut a couple of stripes out of Real Red Cardstock and glued them onto the pin with Liquid Tombow-not the easiest thing to do! I cut a couple of pennants out of Silver Glimmer Paper and added the numbers using the Typeset Alphabet Die.

Finally, I added a few arrows using the Hexagon Punch. Along the bottom edge of the Real Red Cardstock, I punched out a small notch. I then centered the punch over the notch and punched out a bigger one to get the arrow shape. This was a really fun card to make and I hope it's right up his alley:) Hopefully we'll be ready to go tomorrow with the Sampler and I can share a bit of my project with you. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment