Thursday, October 24, 2013

A FITTING OCCASION CARD:

Hello there! I have another fun Halloween card to share with you. I made this with the set A Fitting Occasion-a set I really like but have hardly used for some reason? I started with a Rich Razzleberry base and added a layer on top which was run through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder. I cut the circle out of Silver Glimmer Paper using the Circles Collections Framelit Dies. I stamped the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry onto Very Vanilla Cardstock using the set Halloween Hello, punched it out with the Small Oval Punch and added a Cute Clips around it.
I stamped the frame image onto Basic Black Cardstock using Whisper White Craft ink, heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder, and punched it out with the Curly Label Punch. I did the same process onto Pumpkin Pie Cardstock using the label image. I stamped & embossed 2 labels, punched them out with the Modern Label Punch and layered them on top of each other to have them extend further out behind the frame. I stamped the text around the owl in Pumpkin Pie and punched it out with a 1" Circle Punch. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to center the cute little owl in Basic Black in the center. I stamped the hat in Rich Razzleberry, cut it out and added some Rhinsetone Jewels. I used the Owl Builder Punch punch out the detail at the top of the hat so I didn't have to try to cut it out. I glued it to the back of the hat with Mono Liquid Glue. I used Dimensionals between all the layers on the Glimmer Paper.

I finished off the card with a few strips of the Witches Brew Washi Tape in the corner-so quick and easy and packs a punch! I've got a couple of other Halloween treats up my sleeve, so make sure to check back!

Also, make sure you check out my Online Store to see the 25 stamp sets that are 25% off to celebrate SU!'s 25th Anniversary! See them here: www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net. And check out the SU! site to see the Thank You Thursday Deals: www.stampinup.com
Thanks so much for stopping by today!



2 comments: