Saturday, April 20, 2013

PENNANT PARADE CARD:

Hello there! Here's another card I made for the auction tomorrow. Again, I got my inspiration from the SU! ideas on my DBWS. I had to change things up a bit again on this card, as some items were retired. I used the sets Pennant Parade and A Word For You. I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a layer of DSP from Sunshine & Sprinkles. On top of that, I added a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and drew a frame around the edge with a Melon Mambo Marker. I then pierced a border all around using the Paper-piercing Mat and Tool and Essentials Pack. I used the edge of the template as a straight edge for the marker. Next, I added a banner and stamped the sentiment with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get perfect placement. I attached it with Glue Dots. I punched out a strip of Melon Mambo DSP from the Paper Stack with the Scallop Edge Border Punch, and adhered it to the back of the Whisper White piece.

I stamped the hats in Tempting Turquoise and punched them out with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch. I used the Postage Stamp Punch for the trim on the bottom. I used Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo Cardstock for that and for the tops of the hats, using the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I added a Brights Brad to the center of each flower and added a star punched out with the Merry Minis Punch Pack. I finished it off with a Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon bow and attached it with a safety pin from Vintage Trinkets.


I paired this card with one of my hubby's Fresh Pineapple Candles-yummy! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment