Tuesday, April 23, 2013

OH, HELLO INVITATION:

Hello there! Today I have an invitation that I made for my neice's upcoming bridal shower. Her wedding colors are champagne and a cornflower blue. Crumb Cake worked pretty well for the champagne, but I had to buy some contraband for the blue, as none of our current blues worked. I used a Crumb Cake base and added another layer on top which was run through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder. Next, I cut out an oval out of Whisper White Cardstock using the Ovals Collection Framelits. I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake and the background image was stamped off in Marina Mist ink. I used the Paper-piercing Mat and Tool and Occasions Pack for the piercing detail.

I added a sliver of DSP from Tea For Two and tucked a Paper Doily accent underneath. I used the Hearts A Flutter Bundle to stamp the pennants and coordinating Framelits to cut them out. I added a piece of Crumb Cake Taffets Ribbon on top which I cinched with a piece of Linen Thread and tied in a bow. I added a pair of Basic Pearls and a rose from the Flower Trim.

I gave the card a spritz of Champagne Shimmer Paint that I mixed with alcohol to give it a little sparkle. Well I gotta get scootin out the door to my grandbaby's concert tonight. I hope you like todays card, and more importantly, I hope Amanda likes it! Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment