Thursday, March 28, 2013

SWEET THREADS DUO:

Hello there! I have another two-fer for you today! I think the Sweet Threads Simply Sent kit in the Spring Mini is adorable. The cards in the kit were cute enough, but I thought I'd add a little extra cute to them. I didn't really realize you need schooling on cross-stitching, but apparently I do because the back of mine didn't look like the illustration in the instructions. But I was pretty happy with how they turned out. They were a little more time consuming than I thought they'd be, but then again, maybe I didn't know what I was doing!

First, I stamped the sentiment as the directions advise you to. The stamp set Sweet Essentials comes with the Bundle and saves you 15%! I stamped the sentiment in Lucky Limeade, which is the color of the printed card. After I finished the cross-stitching, I added 4 Dimensionals to the back. Next I cut a strip of Primrose Petals DSP from the 2012-2014 In Color Paper Stack. I added an inch of the polka dot pattern to the end of the strip with SNAIL before I folded it over and attached it to the card front. Next, I added the Whisper White piece. I wrapped some of the Lucky Limeade embroidery floss (included in the kit) around the DSP and tied it in a knot. I added a Silver Basics Button that I
 threaded with Primrose Petals floss and attached it with Glue Dots. Finally, I tied a tiny bow out of the floss and glued it to the flower.

For the birthday card, I cut a strip of DSP from Patio Party and adhered it to the Primrose Petals cardfront. I added a piece of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon and attached it with Sticky Strip. I then layered the Whisper White piece on top with Dimensionals and added a bow with a Glue Dot. I added a little detail to the cupcake with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and Summer Starfruit Cardstock. I punched out 2 flowers, pierced then with the Paper-piercing Tool nd mat and attached a Neutrals Brad to the center. I attached the flower with a couple of Glue Dots.

As you can see, my cross-stitching can use a little work, but I think it still turned out cute. Both of these cards will be options for the 'Kits/Cards To Go' this month, and I'll leave the stitching for you! I used all of the strands in the floss, but I think it may look a little better if you use fewer strands. The directions said all the strands were used on the samples, but theirs look a whole lot better than mine...again, it could be the one behind the needle!

If you're thinking about getting this Bundle, you may want to consider adding the set Hoop La La that I used on the envelopes. It goes perfectly with the kit. I hope you like these sweet threads and will consider trying out some cross-stitching. Thanks SEW much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Darn you Laura! I didn't want this set AT ALL! GREAT....now I want this set! lol AWESOME JOB! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always happy to enable! Thanks so much girl! Can't wait for our playdate!!!

    ReplyDelete