Tuesday, March 26, 2013

HENRY SAYS/PURE GUMPTION CARD:

Hello there! As promised, I have a much shorter post today! This graduation card was made with Henry Says and Pure Gumption. I thought they worked really well together. I started with a Riding Hood Red base and stamped the sentiment and flags in Midnight Muse. I stamped Henry in Midnight Muse on Whisper White Cardstock and added a Summer Starfruit border. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to align the birds on his trunk and used Riding Hood Red, Midnight Muse and Baja Breeze Markers to color the birds. I stamped the pennant in Summer Starfriut, cut it out and adhered it with SNAIL.


Again, I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp his cap exactly where I wanted it. Next, I stamped Henry in Midnight Muse DSP from the 2012-2014 In Color Paper Stack, cut him out and adhered him with SNAIL. I stamped the cap in Riding Hood Red Cardstock twice and cut them both out, one only the top of the cap. I adhered the cap with SNAIL, and for the top of the cap, I added a Regals Brad and attached it to the cap with a Dimensional.


Next, I stamped the pennant image 3 times on Whisper White-once in Summer Starfruit, once in Baja Breeze, and once in Midnight Muse. I cut each of the pennants out and adhered them onto the stamped pennants with Glue Dots. Finally, I threaded a Naturals Button with Linen Thread and attached it with Glue Dots.

This was a fun card to make and hope it will inspire you to make some for any upcoming grads you may have. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back here tomorrow with a Mother's Day card...or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment