Wednesday, February 27, 2013

OH WHALE CARD:

Hello there! Sorry I'm a little late with this post. I got a little lazy last night-maybe from all the shoveling:(. Better late than never though. This card was made with the adorable Oh Whale set. Continuing in my quest to use colors I haven't used in awhile, this card features Marina Mist and Pacific Point. I was thrilled to find out the coordinating DSP Sprinkles & Sunshine has both of those colors in it-score! I started with a Dafodil Delight base, cut a square of Marina Mist and layered it with 3 of the papers in the DSP. I used the 3" Circle Die with the Big Shot to cut out the circle. I stamped the whale in Pacific Point and added a Bitty Button with a strip of Pacific Point Cardstock run through the holes, and layered a Daffodil Delight circle underneath that was punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I attached it with Glue Dots.

I added a sweet little border in Daffodil Delight that was punched with the Scalloped Dots Ribbon Border Punch and attached it to the Marina base. Next I wrapped a piece of Pacific Point Stitched Ribbon around it and added the ribbon detail. I used the Happy Whale Clearlit Die to cut out the tiny anchor, whale and water drops. The whale image is clear so you can center it on top of the stamped whale and cut it out-using a Post It Note helps keep the die where you want it as you run it through the Big Shot. Or you can cut the whale out and use your Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the whale onto your die cut. I used the Paper-piercing Tool to poke a hole through the top of the anchor and ran some Island Indigo Baker's Twine through it and tied it to the ribbon. Finally, I added a row of stars along the bottom, punched them out with the 1/2" Circle Punch and attached them with Glue Dots.

I hope this added a little sunshine to you day. I'll be back later with another Whalecome card for a baby girl. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment