Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BACK AT IT!

Hi there friends! I want to apologize for the long break. The last time I posted, we were getting ready for vacation, and you know what it's like when you get home-trying to play catch up. Well I think I've finally got caught up-3 months later! Life had just gotten a little too nutty and I had to get off the hamster wheel for awhile. Thanks for hanging with me!

About a week after we got home, SU! contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in being a display stamper for Convention. Heck yeah! I needed to come up with 24 projects and had less than a month to git 'er done! This was the first project I made:

I was given 4 stamp sets to work with and this card was made with Blue Ribbon. It isn't a set I would have picked, but after working with it, it has grown on me. When I looked at this set, the first thing I thought of was a State Fair, so that was my inspiration for this card. I really had fun making these little pies.


I wanted the base to look like a recipe card that had been passed down for generations, so I used a Very Vanilla base and added the little spatters image from the French Foliage set.  I made the lines on the card using the Apothecary Art set stamped in Island Indigo. I also used Summer Smooches DSP and the Ruffled Ribbon in Island Indigo. For the pies, I punched out 'tins' in Basic Grey using the 1 1/4" Circle Punch, I think?  I ran So Saffron Cardstock through the Big Shot using the Buttons #5 Sizzlets Die.  I punched out a bunch of 'berries' using the flower shape in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and rolled them up into little balls for the 'pie filling'. I covered them with Crystal Effects and sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamonds to look like sugar. I used Friendly Phrases for the sentiment.

Today is the first day of Convention, but I wasn't able to go this year. I'm really glad I have these samples to share with you though-it'll kind of feel like we're there. Make sure to come back tomorrow and see some more. Thanks so much for stopping by  today!

2 comments:

  1. YOU NEVER SEIZE TO AMAZE ME GIRLIE! AMAZING is all I can say!
    Oh, and yeah, WE WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR! CANNOT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy exciting opportunity. I ADORE the card with the pies. So darling. Congrats on being selected to make beautiful projects for all to see.

    ReplyDelete