Sunday, October 30, 2011

CHRISTMAS WREATH CARD:

This is another card from card night this month. I love the Frostwood Lodge DSP, and knew I wanted to use the woodgrain design for a card like this. I mounted it on Early Espresso, stamped with the Woodgrain Background stamp. That piece was mounted on Whisper White with a Cherry Cobbler base.

I've had the Printed Petals stamp set for awhile and have never used it-not a big floral fan. I'm really not sure why I bought it-I think it may have been 40% off or something-I can't pass up a deal! Anyway, I thought the scalloped image looked kind of like a wreath, so that's what I used in Garden Green. I stamped another wreath in Garden Green cardstock and layered it behind it with dimensionals. I punched some ornaments out of the Red Glimmer Paper and added a bow with the gorgeous new Cherry Cobbler Quilted Ribbon.

I made the little mail slot in Basic Grey by running it through the Big Shot using the new Peekaboo Die. I cut it in half and stamped Versamark over it and sponged a little Champagne Shimmer Paint over it to make it look like metal. I really wanted to heat emboss it, but thought my card ladies would hurt me! So I opted for this route.

I made the tiny envelope with the Petal Card Punch, and of course it had to have a little note inside. I used the sentiment from Field Flowers and punched it out with the new 1" Square Punch. I added a little Glimmer heart using the Owl Punch. I finished it off with a banner from the Petal Cone Die that is stamped with Merry Christmas from Teeny Tiny Wishes and a couple of Mini Brads. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas---can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment